Sunday, September 30, 2012

Moon Festival


I did not realized that I have many old colleagues working in the Taiwanese Embassy in Hanoi. They kindly invited me to attend the Moon Festival party organized by the local Taiwanese chamber of commerce this Sunday.

It was hosted in a private recreation area for fishing and BBQ. The BBQ included chicken, pork, vegetables, and a whole baby cow. The baby cow beef tasted more tender and juicier than chickens, and went together with Vietnamese sauces. People sang karaoke after dinner. Some vices made me ran away from the singing hall, regardless the AC was comfortable there.
 
My stomach bothered me so much that I had to leave earlier. The traffic was very busy in town due to the festival. A 30 minute cab ride back to my hostel was extended into over an hour while I felt severe pain in my stomach. I have above average pain tolerance, but this one was hard to bare. The louder the celebration on the street, the Harder to contain the pain in my stomach. Finally, i vomited out all the food I had that night, and I regained temporary peace with my body. Although I had to fight for my health by myself, I did not feel alone. My friends in Hanoi were concerned and supportive.

Hope I will feel better before I jump on an overnight bus tomorrow evening. Health is my biggest wealth and I cannot wait to have it back.


No comments:

Post a Comment