Saturday, September 29, 2012

Seafood buffet and water puppet show in Hanoi

I met with an old friend's brother for dinner right after my Halong Bay tour. The photos of the seafood Buffett speak for themselves. I tasted sea bass, crabs, shrimps, clams, local cuisines, Vietnam BBQ, fruits, etc. it was like rain after a long time drought. I could smelt the street foods during my 1st night at my hostel dorm room in Hanoi and i fell into sleep with my stomach crouching. Then I did not have much to eat during my 2-day Halong Bay tour.

I mentioned to my dinner host the unique water puppet show near hoan Kiem Lake and the Old Quarter. We decided to walk in the 8 pm show right after dinner.

The water puppet show was entertaining and unique. The puppeteers work from behind a screen in waders, standing in the water. Some of the puppets are up to 15 kgs. I enjoyed the traditional music and songs even more than the puppets.

No comments:

Post a Comment