Saturday, October 6, 2012

DIY Motorbike trip to My Son & Marble Mountain

I have not ridden a motorbike by myself over 20 years, but it was fun to do it again to rise across the bridges and along the main roads at a leisurely pace.

My 1st stop was to My Son - a
UNESCO World Heritage Site, ruins of the ancient Cham empire, in the jungle at the start of the Central Highlands a little over an hour from Hoi An. But it took me almost 2 hours to get to it because I had to stop over 10 times to ask locals to confirm directions. Accidentally, I run into the two Chinese young fellows I met on the street of Hoi An the day before. They also decide to ride on a motorbike to tour around. We three then traveled together for the rest of the day.

On the way out of My Son, we took a break at a road side cafe and tried fresh juice from two coconut which cost only 1 us dollar.

We then traveled toward Danang to visit the stunning Marble Mountains. The mountains have give peaks and all made of marble stones with amazing caves.

We then took a short ride down to the beach to take photos. In the late afternoon, they wanted to go to the beaches to enjoy the water but I decided to head back to down to return motorbike at a time past due time.

Since I felt that i covered all the sights I was interested near Hoi An, I was trying to leave on the 2nd day via an overnight bus. I checked twice with no vacancy, but a spot opened up right after my motorbike ride.

Fortunately my bags were packed because my hotel wanted to switched to another room. So I run from the bus company back to hotel to check out and jump on the bus in 30 minutes. Since I always pick a hotel within 3 minute walk from the bus company, I even had time to take a quick shower before I jump on the overnight bus. What a full day!





No comments:

Post a Comment