Sunday, November 4, 2012

Royal Chitwan National Park

Chitwan is one of the few remaining undisturbed vestiges of the 'Terai' region, which formerly extended over the foothills of India and Nepal. It has a particularly rich flora and fauna. One of the last populations of single-horned Asiatic rhinoceros lives in the park, which is also one of the last refuges of the Bengal tiger.

I took the tourist bus from Pokhara for 6 hours and switched buses 3 times. When arriving in Chitwan (the village), i took a local bus for the 7km into the tiny village.

I took a one/day jungle walk of 20 kms and saw many animals including rhinos, deers, two kinds of monkeys, crocodiles, and many different kinds of birds. I will upload most of the photos taken with my digital camera when I have access to a computer. I did not see any tiger but their drops and footprints.

The second day I took an elephant ride. It was relaxing and fun, and I saw more kinds of deers.

1 comment: